Training is only part of the answer
- The Sales Organisation's capability requirements should be determined by the requirements of the sales processes which will ensure that key goals are met
- In turn, these sales processes must represent the best way to implement the sales strategy, exploiting the sales drivers which assure a successful outcome
- And of course the strategy must be based on an allocation of the appropriate type and frequency of resource according to the sales opportunity at stake
- Only then should capability gaps be measured against a new set of role profiles, & any Capability Development programmes should then address skills and behaviours deficiencies
- Following a training intervention, it is vital to track behavioral change with a review system to measure a set of kpis linked to business results, and ultimately ROI
Identifying the capability gap
Structure & processes determine competencies
- What are the critical macro & micro sales processes?
- What roles have been created to bring these processes alive?
- What tasks need to be performed (by individual role)?
- What competencies are key to performing these tasks?
- Where are we now?
- What is the gap that needs to be closed
- And what is it worth? (Or what are we losing by not fixing it?)
We offer the same “shallow dive” approach in the capability development area as we do in our Consultancy offering - namely a few days scoping the issue to produce a proposal around these areas:
- Training Needs Analysis
- Structure, roles & competencies
- Sales & management process review
- Training Return On Investment review
- Systems and controls audit
Projects may then follow this process:
New ways of working need to be carefully & comprehensively bedded in
- Tools make it easier for people to change their daily actions
- Controls make opaque activity more transparent
- Management follow up on levels of compliance assures the change moves from ‘forced mechanical’ to ‘willing automatic’
- And we can begin to measure training effectiveness
Aligning behaviours across the organisation
- We ensure the entire organisation understands and supports the training
- Our expertise in Sales Management means we can train the Board through to the frontline sales people
- We help managers develop key skills in the workplace
- Our training is tailored to meet the needs of the business
A selection of our training programme capabilities
Field Sales & Key Account Management