Sales Effectiveness Audit
“Long term, businesses …have to focus on revenue growth…and more companies are turning towards doing that.” The Financial Times 23rd February 2004.
Excellence of sales force execution is a critical capability of any organisation. An effective sales force is an imperative for growing profitable revenue and gaining market share.
- How well positioned is your sales function to grow your revenue?
- How can you ensure that you get good value from your sales force?
- How can you maximise your return from the investment you make in your sales force?
- How can you ensure the sales force delivers what it has promised?
- Questions like these are being asked by many of the World’s top companies.
We help answer them by initially conducting a Sales Effectiveness Audit. This is designed to uncover incremental revenue opportunities by developing the sales force’s capability to execute the agreed strategy excellently (in line with plan).
The Sales Effectiveness Audit is fast and practical. Grasping the opportunities it throws up has significantly increased our clients’ revenues.
How we do it: Where are we now?
Why audit your sales force?
- Enables you to identify incremental revenue opportunities
- Allows you to assess your capability against trends / competitors / future plans / product launches etc.
- Gives insight into your ability to execute excellently
- Other functions have to be audited (finance, production) why not include customer management even though it is more difficult?
Start point - Resource Allocation; do we focus on the customers & channels that will deliver the sales plan?
Next - Review Sales Processes; is there evidence of consistent application of Best Practice?
Then - do we understand what drives our sales revenue?
Capability - do we have the right skills to drive the processes & implement sales driving activity?
And finally - are customers & sales teams incentivised to support our sales strategy?