Strategic Sales Consultancy
- We take a Return on Investment approach to everything we do using our ROSCI (Return on Sales and Customer Investments) model
- We develop client specific solutions to reflect the idiosyncrasies of their unique situations
- We work in partnership with our clients to implement real behavoural change
- Ultimately we ensure that the daily actions of the sales force add up to the goals of the organisation
We achieve this effectiveness improvement by a mixture of :
- Consultancy to understand issues and develop strategy
- Tools & systems to support implementation
- Capability development to assure essential competencies
- Programme Direction to embed change
The ROSCI Model
Organisations generally understand their DIRECT costs involved in selling because they have to formally sign off their budgets.
These costs are spent on a range of diverse items such as:
- Car fleets, travel & expenses
- Trade events & exhibitions
- Customer discounts and rebates
Their direct impact on business results is often not known. This means that different elements of sales costs might be adjusted without the resulting impact on revenue being understood. Business cases to increase investment in the sales function can therefore be difficult to justify.
In response to this complex sales environment, Meridian uses its ROSCI model to analyse Sales Effectiveness:
It starts with Strategy:
- Are we investing our scarce sales resources in the areas of greatest opportunity or risk?
- What should the structure and roles be?
Execution of the plan comes next:
- Are best practice ways of working articulated and shared?
- Are KPIs set to measure these processes?
- Do systems and tools underpin the processes?
- Are skills and behaviors trained and developed in line with the above?
- Are there robust management protocols to ensure a continuous review of results versus plan?
Each cost area can impact on ROI either positively or negatively. Ultimately any one of them is capable of driving or supressing sales revenues.
ROSCI (Return on Sales & Customer Investments) allows standardised internal comparison of performance and objective setting to drive profitable revenue.
This improvement in ROSCI can be targeted by pulling on any one of the levers and the resulting ROI measured to analyse whether it has had the desired impact
This allows different investment options to be compared. For example:
- Is it better to send the entire sales force on a negotiation skills development programme than it is to implement a new CRM system?
- Should we hire one more person, run an exhibition or increase customer discounts?
- Does the sales force bonus scheme encourage the right revenue driving behaviours, or would we be better off outsourcing part of our customer contact activity?
Projects can focus on one or all of the sales fundamentals. We offer the chance to conduct a “shallow dive” allowing you to see the value in conducting a project and whether the two organisations can work together.
We offer robust diagnosis of sales issues & ensure “buy in” from your sales team through involvement and understanding, enabling a credible “blueprint” to be developed.
We help your sales organisation maximise the investment made in the project by ensuring the blueprint is executed in line with expectations.